New York! New York!! (Now open to all students currently in grades 9-11)
We’re pleased to announce an exciting educational trip coming up during our spring vacation 2016 for any interested students currently in Grade 9-11. This trip will take place from Wednesday, March 23 to Wednesday
March 30, 2016, we will explore New York on an EF (Education First) Educational Tour. We are extremely excited to take kids on this tour that will be filled with memories to last a lifetime.
Some of the highlights of this tour include:
- Visit to the Museum of Modern Art - Madison Square Garden All Access Tour
- Music of the Apollo Theatre Tour - Gugenheim Tour and Workshop
- Making Music Workshop - Tour of the Lincoln Center
- Attend 2 Broadway Shows - Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the MET)
- Visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island - Visit the 9/11 Museum and Memorial
- Take a Tour of the Radio City Music Hall - Take a Tour of the NBC Studios
- Visit the Empire State Building - Meet a professional Broadway performer
In our experiences as teachers, we’ve found that the benefits of travel for students are extensive. Not only do they experience new places and cultures, but they also gain confidence in themselves and a new perspective on the world. The benefits of international travel are incredible, including the expanded knowledge of history, culture, arts, architecture, and global awareness. We only take students (sorry parents!), and as a result we get reduced travel rates and the student price is considerably less than you would pay to do an individual trip. The trip is $3418 and includes: transport to airport, airfare, hotels, a private bus, a tour director who is with us from arrival to departure, entrance to all attractions and historic sites, city tours, guided walking tours, all breakfasts and suppers, motor coach transportation while on tour, hotel security every night, and insurances.
We travel with EF (Education First), an international company that has been providing package trips for students for more than 50 years and with whom we have traveled for most of our international experiences with the school. We have had the pleasure of travelling with students all over western Canada, and even in Europe. In addition, many of us have spent personal time in European countries over the past number of years and look forward to experiencing this area of US with the students. We have very high standards for whom we take on trips and have nothing but great memories of the student trips that we have taken in the past.
Discuss this fantastic opportunity with stakeholders. This trip will be fast-paced and involve a lot of travel time and energy. Space is limited—act now!
You can also visit www.eftours.ca/enrol and type our tour number 1586202UW to find out more. There is also a link on our fine arts website at www.dvssfinearts.weebly.com.
ENROL NOW to secure your spot on this tour: OUR TOUR NUMBER: 1586202UW
OPTION A – Online
- Enroll at www.eftours.ca/enrol. Please use the Tour Number indicated above. Proceed through the step-by-step enrollment process, and choose your individual payment preferences. Details regarding the excellent Monthly Payment Plan can also be seen here!
OPTION B - Phone
- Call EF’s dedicated Customer Service number at 1-800-263-2806 and one of their representatives would be happy to enroll your student over the phone and give you your payment plan options.
It is imperative that all those interested in attending the tour attend all meetings!!
If you would like any more information, please contact Ms. Sakofsky and she will be happy to answer them. We look forward to an incredible learning experience!
DVSS Fine Arts Team