Ignite Your Spark Youth Fair
SPARKS Youth Fair!
On Wednesday, September 27th, 2017, from 12:40 - 2:40pm Grade 7, 8, and 9 students from DVSS will be attending the Ignite your Spark activity at the Badlands Community Facility. Students will be bused to the event, and will return to school in time to proceed home at regular dismissal time
WHAT IS A SPARK?
SPARKS are the hidden flames in youth that light their potential fire, get them excited, and tap into their true passions. These sparks can be anything from art and music to science and sports, and everything in between. Kids who know and develop their sparks—and who have adults in their lives to support and nourish that spark:
- Attend school regularly and do better academically
- Develop better friendships skills
- Avoid negative behaviors, such as substance use or violence
- Take Better care of their health
- Have a greater sense of hope and purpose in life